Friday, March 13, 2009

Hey Man, like my new bike? Episode 2

A new seat - Fizik Gobi XM - arrived today. It goes really well with the color scheme and is very comfortable during long imaginary rides on my (still) imaginary bike (by the way, I'm pretty imaginary fast on these rides)



Also, new shifters - decided to try SRAM X-9's this time around. I've never used their mountain components but I really like the Force and Rival stuff on my cross bike. Anywho, they work nicely on the imaginary ride as well.



As of yesterday the frame still had not shipped, but everything else is in route.

"Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow it loses today." My main man, Seneca, said that. No, not Seneca Wallace -



- my Roman playright homie, Lucius Annaeus Seneca.



Here are a couple of gravel pictures I promised during my Gauntlet post:
Bridge just east of Carisle



on the other side the road splits and climbs either way. This way is steep and is covered with loose sandy dirt. Looking up:



Its not long, but after the initial pitch it still climbs quite a bit. There's a fat black lab who lives at the top of the hill. He came running out to tell me this was a toll road and he'd have to charge me a couple of snausages to let me pass.

I said "no", he said "'fraid so". I said I didn't have any snausages. He said he'd "let it pass - this time. " What's the worst kind of country road dog? The kind that lives at the top of a big hill.

The other climb, opposite of the loose, sandy steep side. It has a creepy building of some kind.



No ending tagline today, you'll have to make up your own.

2 comments:

Nick said...

That's gonna be one sweet ride when it all comes together. I look forward to your review.

We'll have to get out on those gravel roads next week. Tuesday?

Buckshot77 said...

My buddy used to live at the top of the hill where the black lab is. The other direction is the farm with the leaning silo. I know both those areas pretty well.