Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gauntlet Again

I'm down another pound to make it 11 total units o blubber gone since the Gauntlet began. I wanted to be under 200 by the time I left for Womble. I'm sitting right at that now with a week and a half to go. Can he make it, or will the Cheeseburgers catch him in the final (for this intermediate goal) stretch? Tune in next time to see what happens.

If I left today (which would be nice) I would be 17 pounds lighter than when I headed to the rougher Syllamo last year. Not dragging the extra poundage through the Ozarks mountains will be nice.

I may shift my focus from weightlifting to much more running and biking in the last week and a half. Its hard to tinker with something that's working, so I don't know. We'll see how the weather holds out, by the end of winter I hate the treadmill more than Maroon 5 (and that's a lot).

Exercise "highlights" included riding 11 hilly, muddy miles at Easter on Sunday with Corey. We really had no business being out there, its still way too wet. Easter is usually ready to go weeks before anything else due to the grass and woodchipped paths, but it was not really ready. Corey's rear derailleur paid the price too, getting so mudded that it seized up and bent backwards into his spokes. He kept insisting it was the mud AND his "dynamic delivery of power and torque". - whatever :-) Somehow he fixed it. I must say, that kid is a pretty decent trail mechanic.

Pretty lake



A snow bank, flipping spring the bird



I also played a little hookie yesterday and got out for a 27 mile graveler to Banner, around Carisle, and back. Scouted out some of the new trail @ Banner. It's very close to being ridable. If it didn't rain at all this week it might be ready to ride for the trailwork day on Saturday, but it looks like we'll get at least some moisture between now and then. Boo.





1 comment:

Nick said...

Great job on the blubber unit loss. Great term by the way. Less to carry around at Womble will be a good thing!