Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gettin' Lasered Tomorrow

I'm having my eyeballs fixed tomorrow. Some people might not know it, because I don't wear glasses, but I don't have the best vision. The Optometrist, who couldn't have been a day over 25, said it had something to do with the aging process, he also said something like, "as we grow older..." Wait just a minute, Sonny, I'm not that old.

It reminded me of one time on the bike trail last year. I was just finishing up fixing a flat when a fellow (youthful, exuberant) cyclist rolled up and asked, "Is everything ok, Sir?" He sounded so urgently concerned for the old man I wanted to tell him, "No, I'm fine Laddy. I've just pushed the button on my Life Call pendant, so help will be arriving shortly."



So I'm under the laser tomorrow. I'm excited to get it done; to be able to read street signs, sports scores and who knows what else will be cool. My biggest hope is that it reduces my headaches. I don't get as many killer ones as I used to, but I'm still a pretty frequent headacher - in fact I have one right now.

The surgeon has done somewhere around 12,000 of these deals so she should be pretty well practiced. I just hope she doesn't use sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads for the procedure.

4 comments:

Justin said...

I'm so jealous
I told my girlfriend when I win the Powerball the first thing I'm doing is getting my eyes lasered

Brian said...

I sold my road bike, which was enough to pay for one eye. Since I'm getting both done I'm sure bike projects of the future are sure to be delayed.

Iowagriz said...

I've been reading for a short while now and wanted to tell you that I enjoy the blog and your writing style. Keep up the good work and tell sled dog hi for me.
Tom

Brian said...

Thanks Tom, I read and enjoy your blog too. In fact, I'm adding you to my blog list - a high honor indeed.

Good luck on your hundy. I thought about joining you, but the Lasik gives me a great excuse to wooz out.