Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's all- Jelly Bro

My soon-to-be 14 year old daughter tells me one of the new hip words is "beast" (incidentally "hip" isn't "hip"). If I understand usage correctly "beast" can be proclaimed any number of ways "that's so beast", "I'm beast" or simply "dude, beast".

That got me thinking (dangerous) there must be some group of kids, probably in So Cal or someplace "beastish" that sits around trying to come up with the latest sayings. Its probably a pretty trial and error operation with lots of attempts that never catch on. The satisfaction they must derive from getting one to actually stick must be pretty....well....beast.

So then why does the So Cal teenie beasters have all the influence? Why can't any one of us start a saying? I think I'm going to give it my own try with "Jelly". Obviously, I was making a PB&J when it came to me that PB's lesser known partner, Jelly, deserves its day in the sun. Most everyone likes jelly and its musical cousin, Jam, has a long history in certain circles. Jelly is sweet tasting and "sweet" is another bit of nomenclature that has stood the test of time.

So, if you would remember you heard it here first that would be totally jelly dude. By way of visual example, one of the first trails we will be riding in St. George is the Bear Claw Poppy trail, its a bike powered rollercoaster that gonna be righteously jelly (hey, bearclaw pastry kinda has jelly in it, doesn't it?).

Anywho, check out the Jellytude.

2 comments:

Buckshot77 said...

Gives a whole new meaning to beastiality too, huh?!

Iowagriz said...

tubular was my invention