Monday, August 10, 2009

I took that Boom Boom Pow

Funny how you come to think you're bullet proof on your home trail.

I was showing Nick my old stomping ground at Easter, including one of the downhill runs where you can get a little air off of some embedded roots in the trail. Sounds innocent enough...
_____________________________________________________________

I was going fast,

caught some good air...just like I said I would,

landed a little crooked,

felt the front tire flex....then pop of the rim,

Nothing to do now but hit the ground...hard.

The ground didn't move (funny that) but I bounced, rolled and skidded to a stop.

My water bottle flew 10 feet past me down the trail.

It hurt my:

hip,
shoulder,
knee
(in rank order of ouchiness)

Inertia is stupid.

My helmet that was only slightly cracked is now...

C-r*A~c+K^e;D.

It rang my bell.

Ding, ding, time to come in from recess. What's a matter Brian? "Oh, Ms. Whatsyername, I seem to have lost my mittens." "My mom said not to lose them". "Can you help me find my mittens?" "I have to be in when the street lights come on."

My mojo, Fez, said he was "sawright", which was nice for him.

I thought about keeping it my little secret from wife und kids, but ultimately knew my hobble would betray me.

I fessed up, showed her my shoulder which is missing some epidermis. She said, "and this is fun?"

She's used that line before, so I had a witty retort ready. I said,

"No."

4 comments:

Buckshot77 said...

You should know you can't post up a crash story without the appropriate pictures showing the carnage. Heal up quick man. At least the rain will hold us off the trails until you can get some healing done.

Courtney Hilton said...

This is why they made handle bar mounted video cameras. Make sure it's on Nicks bike though.

Iowagriz said...

Are your mittens OK? Is Mrs. Whatshername that same teacher in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE

Brian said...

Yes Griz, my mittens did finally turn up and they're fine. No, Ms. W definitely isn't rock anthem worthy.

Buck and Court - you guys are blood thirsty, gore hounds. Halloween isn't for another couple of months guys.