Monday, August 17, 2009

Creatures of the Night

Nick, Corey and I went for a night ride at the Center on Friday. With temps topping out over 90 degrees during the day, it just seemed like the right thing to do.

We had tentatively planned on doing a 3 hour tour (a 3 hour tour) but since conditions were so perfect we ended up extending it to a 6 hour tour.

Why so long? Well, for one thing we were being really safe.

For another thing we took 20 minutes or more just to set up this shot. I don't think I'll be making a living as a nocturnal wildlife photographer anytime soon but I was able to wedge my camera between two trees for this shot.



If you haven't seen the bridge across Grey's Lake at night up close, you should. It is really cool.

1 comment:

Nick said...

We look like Jupes in that picture.