Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Know Winter's Coming When...

the forecast says its gonna be 50, the big 5-0, and you say to yourself, "I'm taking the day off to go riding." Work sucking like a Dyson vac mighta had something to do with it too.



I texted my biking partner in crime Corey and he quickly hit me back with "I'm in".

We started the day out at Sycamore. Corey brought along his singlespeed and since I'm converting the Trek hardtail to one gear I resigned myself to keeping it on uno cog the whole day. There's some construction going on at the Targetto trailhead. The guy in this earthmover asked me how the trail was, I told him I didn't know yet. I was looking for him after to tell him it was pretty muddy, but he was probably on the break that comes after the second break after lunch.



I didn't take any pictures really. Lotsa good trail, but lotsa mud too. I ate it on a couple greezy rutted corners, the tires and everything was getting solidly packed with goo so it was bound to happen. I did ford this partially frozen lake (seriously there was some ice on it I just plowed through). I'm damn-near a frontiersman.



After Sycamore we ate fresh(tm) at Subway then headed to the Center for more dirty miles. Rollercoaster was in surprisingly good shape and Hillside was just primo. I showed Corey the never ending Dirty Du loop. It was especially challenging on a pseudo singlespeed.

We decided to head over to Denman's and check out the new blacklabel where J-11 used to be. This is, I suppose, progress for the cycling and active community as a whole, so I guess the dirty lovers can take one for the team.



There's a new stunt in Denman's. She's skinny and long legged. Oh sure, she looks like fun, they always do....but she's sure to hurt you man! You know she is....(devil) Do it! (angel) No, don't. (devil) C'mon......Do it!

Maybe next time, but probably not.







All in all about 25 miles 'o the brown stuff; that instead of work is a most excellent trade.

No comments: