Monday, April 27, 2009

The World Is A Vampire

sent to drain....



Ask me how the grant submissions are going....on second thought don't.

Its 1:00 in the morning. I've been trying to submit one since Friday night, plus a second one all day yesterday and today. That's 2 grants done, zero submitted successfully. I re-did the first one's whole form, because of a suspected glitch - it still won't take it. Uncle Sam thought it would be good to have 29 different Recovery Act grants due on the same day. They expect around 7,500 submissions. Turns out when you're giving out 200 million green, people are interested. The web is teeming with grouchy, stomach-acidy grant writers and sponsored program staff who are ready to burn down grants.gov right now. Oh yeah, make everyone use the relatively new electronic submission and streamline things further by releasing a new software version a few weeks ago. I'm sure it won't be a problem that it invalidates many people's User Name and Password.

I don't know why I'm stressing, it's not a big deal if I can't get them in -- just a couple weeks worth of work for about 5 people, a big opportunity for a couple of aspiring researchers and around 2 million clams.

Whatev, meh.

"Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage."

No comments: