Monday, August 4, 2008

The Little Things

In my blogging endeavor I have begun to amass a group of pictures that, when taken alone, don't make up much of a post. A (sane) person might be tempted to just discard these random images.........but that's not how we roll at Careful Documentation of Nothing Much. Here we look out for the little moments too - after all, sometimes that's what its all about....

Captain has lost 17 pounds in the last few months. I think it has something to do with doing things like this.



Trail Dog requires water on the go. TD handles his hydration with this sleek but rugged collapsible bowl.



Another pic from an impromptu hike and battle with clearing overgrown weeds at the Banner trails. We fought the weeds and we lost. Allie vows to return with a maniacal smile.


This is my tick containment system. Of course, you always take a change of clothes with you when you go on a mountain bike road trip. You change after the ride and put the old clothes in a plastic sack, but if you don't close it securely you could get ticks inside your car - several of them. Don't ask me how I know that.


This effectively traps any little intruders, but CAUTION! If you use this method of tick containment DO NOT leave your clothes sealed in the box, inside in your hot car for more than 24 hours. If you do, be prepared to extract your laundry under the protection of a Haz Mat suit. Don't ask me how I know that.

I put my trailmap in a plastic bag so it doesn't get to be a sweaty, smeary incomprehensible mess. Don't ask me how I know to do that either.


Quite awhile ago I posted on Katie's and Allie's scooter/babyseat/2x4/duct tape contraption. Not to be outdone I had my own entry in the Little Rascals buggy race. Its a trike, in fact, its my trike from when I was a kid (otherwise known as "where it all started") and its combined with a two-wheeled dolly. It wasn't wicked fast, but it was smooth, stable and really easy to steer.
Corey and I sometimes try to ride up the slanty under-part (whadda ya call that?) of the 7th Street bridge. We often almost make it.

No comments: