Monday, March 21, 2011

Taming Banner: When Plants Attack

The untamed brush of Banner does not care that we want to ride our bikes there.

Those alien crazy looking thorny vines do not give a rip about us wanting to rip a banking turn down that mound.

Collectively those brushes and such have thrown down the gauntlet, they say wanna build a trail through here buddy? Its gonna cost ya.

I've been scratched, poked and whipped by just about every manner of flora immaginable. Yesterday a branch whipped around a snapped me right under the eye.

That was my favorite.

Two days ago I took a rake and tried to clear some leaves from under some of those bright red thorny monster vines...yeah, I raked one-na-those-bastards right into my face. It almost gave me a third nostril...

...maybe that was my favorite. Its so hard to choose.

Anyway, I hope most of the brutality is over since we had an awesome work day when 21people came out and kicked but for 4 hours.



Volunteers with chainsaws, loppers and such took a nice chunk out of the nasty over growth. A couple more events just like it and we will be riding some fun new trail.



Bridges were bridged



(photos by Nick and Jordan)

Poison Ivy? She's still sleeping, but when she wakes up and sees what we done, she's gonna be pissed.

No comments: