Friday, January 7, 2011

Retrospect

"I am a writer of books in retrospect. I talk in order to understand; I teach in order to learn"
— Robert Frost

I get what Frosty is saying.

He writes books in retro. I write blogs in retro.

He talks. I talk, too much.

He teaches. I serve as a warning to others.

We simpatico.

So, that is my lame introduction to this look back at great moments in Briancycling history (2010 edition). Of course, my edgy self-deprecation reduces the relative lameness of said introduction...in retrospect. Yeah, that just happened. Did I blow your mind?

Anywhos.

I went to Bootleg Canyon and SW Utah. I lived to tell about it.





The rollercoaster ride of Bearclaw Poppy is the most fun I've had on a bike.



I sacked up and raced the Bone Bender 3/6 enduro. It was a strange thing for a non-racer to do, but I liked it.

I got another weird haircut.

Despite massive frontal assaults by naysayers and curmudgeons I built a 650B bike. I like it (so HA!).

In the process I dsicovered the merits of a good wheelset, titanium seatpost and thru-axle forks. That's going to be an expensive discovery.



I hit the Quad City trails for the first time. They are solid-to-awesome and getting better all the time. The Midwest Mountain Bike is going to be there this year.



I remembered I am old and replaced the rigid fork on my singlespeed with a squishy one.

I restomped an old stomping ground, Springbook State Park.



Caught some owl-on-squirrel violence on the Taco Ride.

Gnome Fest was very gnomey, again.





Rode the Human Powered Trails in La Crosse for the first time - very cool.



I bought an awesome sweater.



Spooky Woods ride was epic, again.



I got caught in a lover's spat between Bike and Tree

The Sweater haunted me.



The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
-Albert Einstein

Did Al just blow your mind? Well, if he's right about all that relativity junk there is no retospective.

So.

Nevermind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was quite a year, with the Christmas sweater at its very apex. Who knew?

May you have many, many more, my friend. (years, not sweaters)