Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Requiem

I want to write dark and brooding things.

Tap into a well of inky blackness and let it run all over the page.

Wallow in it.

Give the shadow a voice.

I’ve lost a close friend, the kind you only get a few of in a lifetime.

It would serve me well to pull down the shades and paint this blog in shades of gray for awhile.

Yes, serve me well.

Pastor Tom, as many knew him, wouldn’t approve.

He painted the world in color, music and laughter.

He served others.

So, for my next post – when I’m feeling better - I will click the light back on and once again deal in the highly unimportant.

I promise.

But I’m sad so I’m going to ride out this Ansel Adams portrait of black and grays awhile longer.

Color again, soon.



I promise.

5 comments:

Courtney Hilton said...

Thats hard, I remember when the Pastor from the church I grew up in passed away it's like you lost a family member.

Iowagriz said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Bruther said...

Huge loss to our community - his daughter goes to school with mine.

Brian said...

Small world that you would find my post on this random bike blog. You're right though, huge loss.

Bruther said...

I actually read it, from Squirrels blog