Thursday, June 4, 2009

Riding on Sunshine and a New Challenge

I made it out to Banner last night for a pseudo Taco Ride. It really does hold up well to rain. The northside was dry with the exception of a couple of mud puddles in the usual places. Riverside was greezy but rideable.

Nick had an advantage as his bike appears to be powered by sunshine. No wonder he felt compelled to start training for a enduro mountain bike race. He wasn't really sure what race he wanted to do, but he was sure about wanting a training partner. Me: "Yeah, that would be nice - to have someone to train with.....if only there was someone who likes to ride but isn't all that serious, or fast, to ride with.....hey, wait a minute...."





Ok, fine, whatever, I'll do it. I need the extra motivation, since returning from Womble my weight loss challenge has gone awry. This time of year is difficult for losing poundage because allergies kill my motivation to workout and strangely my stomach is often unsettled, only really feeling ok - when? - immediately after I eat - great combination there.

So, I think Nick and I will be doing the Rapture in Misery 6/12 hour race in mid-August at Crowder State Park. Should be a good time.

Que the Rocky music.

1 comment:

Courtney Hilton said...

Wow with a title like that is you better get your registation in early because of the crouds that will line up for 12 hours of pain.