Friday, June 5, 2009

One Cog to Rule Them All

I really wanted to entitle this post, "Hey Man, Check Out My Unit." The intention was to announce my purchase of a 2007 Kona Unit 2-9 singlespeed mountain bike frame, but somehow I think I would have been attracting a whole 'nother kind of webernet visitor. So, instead I decided to go with a title that meshes my bike nerdlyness to my JRR Tolkien dorkitude.

Anywho, I have bike OCD so I went through a million iterations when thinking about what to buy. I was going to splurge, I was going to go cheap. I was stuck on steel, I considered aluminum, new/used, convertable to gears or dedicated single, eccentric bottom bracket or sliding drops; so much to noodle over. I think I pulled a brain muscle or two...

Enough about that, you want to see the frame, right?

BAM!



You've heard of "white hot"? Well, purple is waaay hotter.

Purple People Eater, Purple Nerple, Grape Ape.



Grimace.



Look out trail, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!....or THE GRIMACE!

No comments: