Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mean Green Comes to Town

After much research, debate, re-debate and second guessing of the re-re-debating I think I have landed on adding this little devil to my stable.

Introducing, Voodoo Canzo, my first 29er.



I say I think I've landed here because I'm still debating on whether to go for a small (16) frame or a medium (18). When measuring myself for this handydandy online fit calculator I discovered - I've shrunk (GASP!) I swear I used to be 6'4 (okay, 5'10) now I'm a paltry 5'9. What-the-hell? Before you know it I won't be able to ride a rollercoaster or nuthin' fun.



Anyway back to the Green Lantern (I see a custom sticker set in its future).



Its pretty much the cheapest way into a capable full suspension 29er. I know, FS in flat, tame Iowa is overkill but what can I say? I like the squish and I like bringing a grenade launcher to a spitwad fight. Plus I'd like to have the pillah (pillow, only better) soft platform for some road trips to rockier and ruffier destinations.

One of the other advantages (as far as I'm concerned) is they come primarily as a unbuilt frame, so this means more time incessantly noodling over this and that component while constructing a fully custom ride. Sweet. Look out Bike OCD here I come...Ah, who am I foolin'? I am already there. Oh Bike OCD, you had me at "hello".

For those of you tuning in for a Gauntlet update, I'm only down a pound this week. I fear my progress will be slow in the coming week because I have a number of other time commitments that could interfere with my exercise regimen. I'll just have to figure it out somehow (I could be working out right now for example). Geesh, get off my case...I'll do it after I finish my cheeseburger(s).

3 comments:

Buckshot77 said...

Mmm green. That's about the shade of a loogie so at least you don't have to worry about poorly aimed snot rockets showing up! (All this coming from a guy who rides a baby blue bike nonetheless...)

Looks like fun man.

Ryan and family said...

My GREEN 1x1 should be done this week...We'll have to form some sort of green-bike club with handshakes and such... And we can always revert to our twin 8700s if people need to really have their minds melted...

Nick said...

That's a good looking frame. I like the green, just don't walk away from your bike in the springtime. You may never find it again.

1lb is still a solid week. Keep the faith!