Friday, February 27, 2009

And the Grouchy Goes To......

I like movies.

Unfortunately the narcoleptic snoozefesters that make up the usual Oscars are not really my thing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Huh, ah, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, movies. So, since the Oscars zzzzzzzzzzzzz (c'mon Brian chug a Red Bull or something) don't cut it I have been forced to come up with my own awards. I've decided to name my awards after the Oscars true namesake.



Mr. Grouch never gets the credit he deserves - in my unhumble opinion - and so I proudly introduce the Grouchies.

You may notice, the Grouchies have a little different format, category wise.

For Best Line to Zing Your Friend With the Grouchy goes to........

Dumb and Dumber - "You'll have to excuse my friend, he's a little slow."



The Grouchy for Holy Crap I Think That Girl Is Really Possessed By The Devil goes to.....

Creepyass Emily Rose



Okay, so you may need to scrub your brain of that image so we'll move on to one of my favorite categories.

In the Holy Crap She's Hot and I'm Old category the Grouchy goes to....

Megan Fox, Transformers. Beep, boop, bop, Err, Eee, Awww (c'mon man, the Transformer transforming sound isn't easy to write out, but I did the best I could)



And finally (for this installment anyway) the Grouchy for Bar Fights Made Fun goes to......

Hooper (and Terry Bradshaw's toof)



This is a notable achievement because I've been in a couple of these and I don't remember them as being all that fun - with the possible exception of my night that will be forever known as Karate Karaoke at the OK Boji Corral (or was it Grill?) - but that's a story for another time.

We're all outta time folks - a special thanks to all our winners (especially Megan Fox). We'll see you next time, until then - Stay Grouchy.

No comments: