Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lime Creek, Check

I like to ride my mountain bike.

I like to ride in fun new places.

I live in Iowa.

There are no mountains in Iowa.

Still, some fun can be found.

I've found most of it.

I've ridden:
Center
Sycamore
Easter
Pioneer
Moffit
Banner
Ahquabi
Whiterock
PetersonPits
McFarland
Decorah
Creston
FDR
Boone
Manawa
Lewis & Clark
Sugarbottom
Beverly
Brushy Creek
Red Rock
Elk Rock
Igwanis
Scott County
Sunderbruch

Its a good list I think.

Not quite complete, but close.

Add Lime Creek now.

North of Mason City, it has...



some good fast doubletrack



and tightly hidden singletrack





Do the Quarry, Turkey and Old Stage loops.



Don't bother with the Red Hawk and those prairie trails.

Can you ever really know a trail without seeing a hanldebar shot?



We camped at Clear Lake.





There was a cool classic car show going on.

(sorry no photo)

it made it easy to have fun with friends and fam and to check off another mountain bike trail in Iowa.

No comments: