Monday, November 2, 2009

Spooky Woods Mud Style (Just So Ya Know)

Last year Spooky Woods looked like this:



and this:



This year, because it was the third wettest October ever, Spooky couldn't be held at the traditional Sycamore trail, or at last year's highly successful Denmans, due to mud. This year a small band of "Plan Bers" rode out the Great Midwestern (paved) trail and built a fire under the highway bridge.

Rockin the Halloween hobo style.

I didn't take any pictures, but it looked sorta like this.



Nick and I stopped back in Orlandos for some grub after the fire. There were only a few people in the bar and they were screeching out some Karaoke. While I was polishing off a lovely house salad I had a charming young lady inform me, "Just so ya know, I am a midget stripper from Hollywood." This, as far as I could tell, was accurate. She certainly was a little person...as for her profession and hometown, I can only take her word.

I think I said, "well...ok." or something devastatingly charming like that.

A grade for the night? Well, it was a little lame, but still strangely fun. When you (basically) end it with "Just so ya know...midget stripper...Hollywood."

Well, then I think you've got something.

Just so ya know.

No comments: