Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jerry Goes Hollywood

Some of my long term readers (4) will remember Jerry, the farting gnome, I purchased from ebay last year in preparation for Gnome Fest 6.



Jerry was a big hit, especially with kids and dogs (somehow he managed to not get "marked" by any of the fidos).

Jerry made the return trek to GF7 this year and, again, all was well. Here he is supervising night time camp set up.


Little did I know he had bigger plans...

The other day I was watching a new comedy on NBC called "Outsourced". Its about a young American manager of a novelty company that relocates to India to run their telephone sales/service center.

Its a comedy about America losing jobs...a comedy....losing jobs....a comedy....jobs....comedy......a com-a-dee....

Anyway, I've almost made it all the way through this......"comedy".......when I spot him.

Boom! There's Jerry yucking it up on the TV..... and I thought he was still in the garage in a camping box.



I'm not sure how to feel about Jerry's "big break"...somehow I thought he could do better than a cameo in a "comedy" chocked full of un-funny racial stereotypes and job loss....a comedy....its a....comedy.

Oh well, at least he didn't totally sell out like his more well-traveled brother.

No comments: